Foreign nationals can now apply for the Kenyan visa from the country’s Department of Immigration Services’ eCitizen portal.
This announcement was made public by the Kenyan Department of Immigration Services earlier today.
The Immigration department tweeted;
— Immigration Kenya (@ImmigrationDept) June 24, 2015
Intending visitors to Kenya need to log on the e-citizen website and register as a visitor. Once logged in , click on the Department of Immigration button and submit application after which the applicant can select visa type and pay for the visa application fee using Visa Card, MasterCard or any other debit card. An approval email will be sent to the user and once printed, the e-visa (printout) can be presented to immigration officers at the port of entry. The e-visa portal will become operational by July 1, 2015.
— Immigration Kenya (@ImmigrationDept) June 25, 2015
This development certainly obviates the need to be physically present at a Kenyan embassy for travellers applying for Kenyan visa, but then Kenya is visa-on-arrival for many countries, so the embassy was not that much of a requirement in the first place. However the introduction of the e-visa mostly means less time getting through immigration.
- Get to know the website where applications are done. The website is http://www.ecitizen.go.ke
- Select register as a visitor.
- Once logged in, select Department of Immigration Services
- Select submit application
- Select Kenyan Visa
- Select the type of Visa
- Fill in the application form
- Pay using visa card, master card and other debit cards
- Your application will be received by Immigration officers, for approval. After approval the visa will be sent to your mail.
- Download and print the e-visa from your eCitizen account
- Then present your printed e-Visa to the Immigration officer at the port of entry with other travel documents
- The max period an approval should take after application is 7 days, but as the applications come in they are being worked on
Hope this Helps. Kindly use the share button below to share with friends on Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus