Applications are open for the AppCircus@Mobile Web Africa competition, calling for African app developers to submit their innovative app creations.
Mobile Web Africa 2014, the fifth South African edition of the most progressive and interactive mobile focused events in Sub-Saharan Africa, returns to Johannesburg on 10th & 11th September.
MWA2014 will take place at Randlords, Johannesburg’s most exclusive event venue. The conference will feature the very best local and international speakers from organisations including Praekelt Foundation, KPMG, GoMetro, Junk Mail Digital Media, Saya, Retroviral, L5Lab, Africori and Mahindra Comviva.
The competition final will take place on September 11 , with 10 selected developers to pitch their app live on stage in front of a jury of top experts. The winning app will receive the following prizes sponsored by Intel:
- Return flight to Barcelona for MWC 2015
- Slot to pitch at the Mobile Premier Awards 2015
- 3 day visitor pass to the Mobile World Congress 2015
How to participate?
Submitting your app is simple and free, you just need to join appcircus.com for free and click on “Submit your app” on top of this page. The deadline to participate will be September 1st, so do it now!
Rules for Participation
- Submissions and presentations to AppCircus are FREE and open to any developer, startup or company. All participants must be 18 or older. Underage participants will be considered with written acknowledgement from their parents or legal guardians.
- Among all submitted apps, 10 finalists will be chosen for presenting live on stage by an online jury and will be informed by email prior to the event. The finalists will be responsible for covering their own costs if any for traveling, attending and presenting at the event.
- Applicants must send one representative to present the app live on stage.
- The apps selected will have three minutes to pitch on stage.
- Apps are submitted through the AppCircus platform at appcircus.com.
- Registration and membership for AppCircus are FREE!
- appcircus.com members need to add the app to their profile before applying for an AppCircus.
- Candidates can submit more than one app.
- Each app can only be presented in one AppCircus, unless it receives a Runner up Waiver.
- The winner in order to receive the prizes sponsored by Intel will need to provide an Android version of his/her app not later than December 1, 2014 and must pass basic validation to show their app installs, runs (UI exercise), and uninstalls without errors on an Intel-based Android using AppThwack testing service (free).
- The winner must be over 18 years old
- The winner is responsible for obtaining all required travel documents and travel insurance prior to travel. The winner must have or be able to obtain in time (before February 2015) valid passport and visas (if applicable) in order to complete travel to Spain for the Mobile Premier Awards 2015 and must confirm in writing his or her presence to showcase the app live on stage during the Mobile Premier Awards 2015 in Barcelona.
- The app with the most votes, after the nomination winner, will receive a “Runner up Waiver”, which allows the app to reapply for selection for another AppCircus.
- Pitches will be in English.
- People’s Republic of China
- Romania, Russia
- South Africa
- South Korea
- Spain, Sweden
- Taiwan, Turkey
According to Carles Ferreiro, chief executive officer (CEO) of AppCircus;
the competition aims to promote the region’s technology sector, and “sets out to help foster a dialogue between app developers, the mobile industry and beyond so that the world of applications continues to offer great solutions to real life problems as well as providing valuable professional and business opportunities.”
The deadline for submissions is September 1. Needs more info? Click HERE
Hope this little article post helps, Kindly make use of the comment form below to share your view/voice regarding this Event
Do not forget To Subscribe to OLAMOSH.Net by Email so as not to miss new interesting articles. you are also free to share this article with your friends & family on social network, making use of the buttons below.