The Women’s Technological Empowerment Centre (W.TEC) is currently accepting applications for its annual girls technology camp.
The camp is a 2-week technology education and mentoring programme aimed at helping girls develop an early interest in computers and other information technology. and in the long run increasing the numbers of Nigerian women using technology productively for learning, professional and leadership activities.
The camp is open to 30 girls and workshops will include Scratch Programming, Mobile Application Designing (using App Inventor), Digital Photography, Digital Video Production, Digital Advocacy, and Excursions to technology companies.
During the camp, the girls participate in technology workshops and leadership activities. Evaluations of previous camps show enhanced leadership skills; creativity; and problem-solving and communication abilities in the girls as a result of attending the camp.
During the 2 week programme the participating girls will;
- Be introduced to programming concepts using Scratch and the Raspberry Pi
- Design and programme mobile apps using MIT’s App Inventor
- Learn about the business strategies of software development
- Assemble computer systems
- Understand and write HTML code
- Produce and edit a film using Adobe Premier
- Create blogs and digital multimedia content
- Learn photography and editing principles
Format: Residential Camp (The girls will stay at the camp venue for the duration of the programme)
Length: 2 Weeks
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
If you are interested you can register HERE
Needs More Info