Ramadan (also known as Ramadhan or Ramzan) is the ninth month in the Islamic calendar. It is a time when Muslims around the world focus on prayer, fasting, giving to charity, and religious devotion. The last third of Ramadan is a particularly holy period, as it commemorates when the Koran’s (Qu’ran) first verses were revealed to the Prophet Muhammad (Mohammad or Muhammed).
Fasting during the month of Ramadan is one of the Five Pillars of Islam. It is spent by Muslims fasting during the daylight hours from dawn to sunset. Muslims believe that the Quran was sent down to the lowest heaven during this month, thus being prepared for gradual revelation by Jibraeel (Gabriel) to the Islamic prophet Muhammad. Furthermore, Muhammad told his followers that the gates of Heaven would be open all the month and the gates of Hell (Jahannam) would be closed.
The first day of the next month, Shawwal, is spent in celebration and is observed as the “Festival of Breaking Fast” or Eid al-Fitr.
Ramadan in 2014 will start on Saturday, the 28th of June and will continue for 30 days until Sunday, the 27th of July (Depending on sight of MOON). Based on sightability in North America, in 2014 Ramadan will start in North America a day later – on Sunday, the 29th of June.
Note that in the Muslim calender, a holiday begins on the sunset of the previous day, so observing Muslims will celebrate Ramadan on the sunset of Friday, the 27th of June. 🙂
Although Ramadan is always on the same day of the Islamic calendar, the date on the Gregorian calendar varies from year to year, since the Gregorian calendar is a solar calendar and the Islamic calendar is a lunar calendar. This difference means Ramadan moves in the Gregorian calendar approximately 11 days every year. Below is collection of beautiful Messages you can send to friends, lovers and family, wishing them RAMADAN KAREEM 🙂
- As The Auspicious Month Of Ramadan Kareem Starts… I Pray To Almighty Allah to Forgive Our All Sins and Give Us The Strength To Keep ‘Taqwa’ Lead Us On Righteous Path Have Happy, Holy and Blessed Ramadan
- I wish this Ramadan, you are gifted with blessings of Allah and many treasured moments of joy! Ramadan Mubarak!
- Wishing that Allah always blesses your family with smiles, happiness and togetherness! Ramadan Mubarak!
- It is the month when the devils are chained, The gates of hell are closed & those of Paradise are opened, It is the month the holy Prophet used to Pray to witness, It is The Blessed Month Of Ramadhan. May God shower his blessings & Grant You forgiveness in this holy month. Happy Ramadhan
- As the crescent moon is sighted… And the holy month of Ramadan begins… May Allah bless you with happiness and grace your home with warmth & peace !
- May this Ramadan bring you the utmost in peace & prosperity. May lights triumph over darkness. May peace transcend the earth. (Ramadan Mubarak)
- I wish this Ramadan, you’re gifted with blessings of Allah and many treasured moments of Joy! Ramadan Mubarak!
- The month of Quran! Everything has a spring and the spring of Quran is the Holy Month of Ramadan, Ramadan Karim!
- Wishing you and your family the blessings of Ramadan. Ramadan Mubarak !!
- May the light that we celebrate at Ramadan show us the way and lead us together on the path of peace and social harmony. WISH U A VERY HAPPY Ramadan.
- May this Ramadan bring you the utmost in peace and prosperity. May lights triumph over darkness. May peace transcend the earth. May the spirit of light illuminate the world.
- May this Ramadan bring you peace & prosperity. May lights triumph over darkness. May peace transcend the earth. May the spirit of light illuminate the world.
- May This Ramadan be as bright as ever. May this Ramadan bring joy, health and wealth to you. May the festival of lights brighten up you and your near and dear ones lives.
- Ramadan Iftar
A glass of Care
A plate of Love
A spoon of Peace
A fork of Truth &
A bowl of Duaas
Mix with spices of Quraan.
Enjoy this Iftar.
- He is the one God;
The Creator, the Initiator, the Designer.
To him belong the most beautiful names
He is the Almighty, Most Wise.
Wishing you a blessed Ramadan!
- Welcome Ramadan
Walk humbly Talk politely
Dress neatly Treat kindly
Pray attentively and
May Allah bless & protect you!
- May the festival of lights be the harbinger of joy and prosperity. Wishing you and your family the blessings of Ramadan.
- My Dear Friend,
May Almighty Allah Showers his blessings on You and your family during the month of Ramadan
- As the mountain high,
You move without sigh;
like the white linen flair,
Purity is always an affair;
As sunshine creates morning glory,
fragrance fills years as flory;
with the immaculate eternal smile,
attached to you mile after mile;
All darkness is far away,
As light is on its way;
Wish all of you a very Happy Ramadan.
- Prophet said: Whoever stood for the prayers in the night of Qadr out of sincere faith and hoping for a reward from Allah, then all his previous sins will be forgiven.Happy Ramadan.
- Memories of moments celebrated together…….
Moments that have been attached in my heart, forever…….
Make me Miss u even more this Ramadan.
Hope this Ramadan brings in Good Fortune & Abounding Happiness for u!
- Wishing that Allah always blesses your family with smiles, happiness and togetherness!
- May the spirit of Ramadan illuminate the world and show us the way to peace and harmony
- May you be blessed with the love and protection of Allah
Wish you a pleasant Ramadan!
- I wish this Ramadan, you’re gifted with blessings of Allah and many treasured moments of Joy!
- I am grateful to Allah that I have someone so loving and caring as you!
- May Allah’s blessings shine always upon you and your loved ones.
- Once again the time has come to repent for the sins we’ve committed, for all the wrong doing we’ve done.
Wish you a blessed Ramadan!
- As the crescent moon is sighted.. and the holy month of Ramadan begins… May Allah bless you with happiness and grace your home with warmth and peace!
- Warm and bright wishes to you for a joyous and blessed Ramadan!
My Dear Reader
OLAMOSH is a Muslim 🙂 , Short time left for Ramadan to come and I’m really waiting for it!
I’m just so tired emotionally and Ramadan is the month when I feel the peace and the quietness inside me, it is when I get closer to Allah and I can feel this looseness effect on my life. Hahahaha !
Whether you are Muslim or not, Kindly make use of the comment form below to wish all Muslims around the world “RAMADAN KAREEM” & also share your view regarding the COLLECTIONs
Do not forget To Subscribe to OLAMOSH.Net by Email so as not to miss new interesting articles. you are also free to share this article with your friends & family on social network, making use of the buttons below.