Africa Connected is an initiative by Google in collaboration with partners, aimed at discovering and promoting amazing successes achieved on the web across Africa. Google Africa Connected ultimate goal is to educate and inspire many more people to get connected on the web to achieve their own success.
In an effort to help boost the social and economic impact being created by Africans who have embraced the web, Google is offering up five prizes of $25,000 each to the most inspiring stories established on the continent where the web has played a pivotal role in achieving success.
The ten finalists have been named in Google’s Africa Connected competition.
- Steve Kyenze – Uweza Slum Gallery – Kenya
- Eric Obuh – Vocal Slender – Nigeria
- Nqobizitha Mlilo – Nafuna TV – Zimbabwe
- Lamine Mbengue – SenegalTV – Senegal
- Eunice Namirembe – The Medical Concierge Group – Uganda
- Timothy Maguire – Grace Communion International – South Africa
- Sitawa Wafula – My Mind, My Funk – Kenya
- Mayowa Adegbile – Ashake Foundation – Nigeria
- Eseoghene Odiete – Hesey Designs – Nigeria
- Christopher Panford – Technol Services – Ghana
How To Vote
Help Google select the top five most amazing success stories. The top 10 finalists have been selected by the panel of judges. Now it’s your turn to help select the winners.
From February 18th to March 7th 2014, you can vote for and help select the five most inspiring success stories that are running ventures that use the web and Google to transform lives and communities. The winners will each receive a $25,000 Africa Connected prize to help make their success even greater.
Click HERE To Cast Your Vote For your choice of winner