These certifications are focused to bring base level expertise that has the core objective to aim skills on cloud computing technologies and much upgraded versions of the existing technologies. These are the re-invented versions of many pre-existing Microsoft Certifications.
Recommend You To Read: IT Certification Programs To Double Your Skill and Salary in 2014
Let us find out about the flagship certification of Microsoft
Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert, or MCSE Certification. However, these initials have been used earlier as well. Many IT professionals those veterans in the industry would easily recognize the initials, it was earlier used to refer Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer, also called the MCSE. It was one of the most popular certification ever in the Microsoft fraternity and IT industry at large.
Distinctions in earlier MCSE certification and now
There are significant differences between the two certifications. The prior MCSE focused mainly on server-based administrations and technologies however, the new MCSE has more of multi-disciplinary problem solving approach in business IT solutions.
Recommend You To Read:List of Vendor Specific Certification Company & their IT Certification Exams
Let us examine the new MCSE certification break up that can be followed to attain this certification:
MCSE for Private Cloud – Being closer to the old MCSE, it focuses mainly on server and operating system; however it too has a little twist. The new MCSE truly focuses on the cloud and particularly private cloud managed with Microsoft System Center 2012.
MCSE for Private Cloud is based on:
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate, or MCSA certification completion, it is one of the pre-requisites for all MCSE tracks.
- Clearing EXAM 70-24, Configuring and Deploying a Private Cloud with System Center 2012, it is known that System Center is cloud management platform from Microsoft and it allows administration to create and manage multi-hypervisor cloud environments.
- Clearing EXAM 70-256 – Monitoring and Operating a Private Cloud with System Center 2012
- This exam tests your ability to perform the continuing administrations tasks in a System center 2012 managed environment.
MCSE for SQL Server 2012 – In conjunction with MCSE Private Cloud the release of SQL Server 2012 is one of the most important releases of new MCSE 2012. It has two tracks for certification in this category:
The MCSE – Data platform certification demonstrates your ability to manage data solutions based on SQL Server 2012 in both the traditional ‘on-premise’ and cloud –based environments. The credentials is attain on successful completion of MCSA SQL server 2012 and two additional tests:
- Exam 70-464 – Developing Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Databases
- EXAM 70-465 Designing Database Solutions for Microsoft SQL Server 2012
MCSE Business Intelligence – This certification is designed for IT professionals and DBAs those who work on BI projects for enterprises. There are pre-requisites such as completing two exams
- Exam 70-466: Implementing Data Models and Reports with Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- Exam 70-467: Designing Business Intelligence Solutions with Microsoft SQL Server 2012.
Where To Enroll For Training/Get Certified
This MCSE certification syllabus is new, only few training centre in your locality will be able to get you trained towards certification. So one of the training centre i will recommend to you is Mecury Solutions: a privately held IT training provider in India, which has excels in providing world-class IT training programs to the global participants
Being an IT specialist, without doubt, pays better in any IT domain. Getting certified is very important. You can also check out my previous article on Taking control with IT security Training & Certification in 2014 and do not forget to subscribe to my blog so as not to miss my next article on IT Career Development/Certifications.