MTN Nigeria has presented prizes to the winners in all categories of its App Developer Challenge, a software contest launched by the service provider to encourage innovations among Nigerian youths.
According to Chief Marketing Officer of MTN Nigeria, Larry Annetts, said that the criteria for picking the winners was based on the originality of concept, relevance of concept to the market, apps with the best user experience as well as its commercial viability.
The App Challenge panel of Judges included serial entrepreneur,Chika Nwobi; Customer Relations Executive, MTN Nigeria, Akinwunmi Braithwaite; Business Development Director at Intel, Stanley Muoneke and Business Manager, Nokia Live and Country Lead, Mobile Monday Nigeria, Emmanuel Oluwatosin.
Here is the List of Winners & Category
- Best Overall App was won by Okada Books, developed by Okechukwu Ofili.
- Best Education App was Onpoint, a GPA calculator and timetable, developed by Henri Good Nnochiri.
- Best Entertainment & Lifestyle App, Afro Talez, developed by Elizabeth Kperrun
- Best Gaming App, Danfo Reloaded II by Bayo Puddicombe
- Best Health & Wellness App, Certified Drugs by Ilyas Muyiwa
- Best Productivity App, Track My Cash by Sunday Akinsete
- Special Category which is the Best Student App (Undergraduate) was won by Kayode Sowole, who developed the Wazobia Bible that allows people to read the bible in Pidgin and other translations.