“Solving BIG Problems using little technology for the ‘Hard-to-reach’ in Ghana”
About The Organizer (MEST)
The Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST) and the MEST Incubator program provide training, investment and mentoring for aspiring technology entrepreneurs with the goal of creating globally successful companies that create wealth and jobs locally in Africa.MEST Now Accepting applications from Young African Graduates who wish to Start Their Own Software Companies… Learn More About Mest-Ghana Here
HOW DOES IT WORK?
The MEST-UNICEF Hackathon is all about creating a real-world solution / product.
- At the beginning of the event, you will be presented with a set of ‘problems’, out of which you select one that you are most interested in.
- Pitch to an audience a 60-second solution to your chosen ‘problem’.
- Find team members at the event, form teams of up to 5 members to develop those solutions.
- Teams will have the remainder of the event time to build a working prototype (minimum viable product) and simple business plan for their idea. Lunch, & dinner will be provided.
- Finally, teams will have an opportunity to pitch their products to a panel of judges. The judges will select the top three products to receive prizes!
- Rushnan Murtaza (UNICEF Ghana Deputy Representative)
- Lucinda Ramos (UNICEF Ghana Chief of Education)
- Abdul-Latif Issahaku (Innovations Manager, Marketing Division, MTN)
- Tarek Mouganie (Founder, Affinity Ghana)
- 1st Place: GHS5,000
- 2nd Place: GHS2,500
- 3rd Place: GHS1,000
Meltwater Entrepreneurial School Of Technology
Accra, Greater Accra
Wednesday, January 15, 2014 at 9:00 AM – Friday, January 17, 2014 at 6:00 PM (WET)