Software Freedom Day (SFD)is a global celebration of Free and Open Source Software (FOSS). Over 1000 volunteer groups in over 120 countries all around the globe will be celebrating the 8th Software Freedom Day this year on September 21st, 2013. Software Freedom Day is an annual grass roots effort to educate the public on the virtues of Free/Open Source Software and also to encourage its use. The SFD is a non-profit making movement which seeks the well being of all and encourages the use and participation in Open-Source projects.
Data Apps and Smart Devices The Open Source Advantage
AITI-KACE and Linux User Group Accra promote the inclusion of open-standards and open-source solutions where applicable. The two organisations are committed to educating software professionals of the choice that are available in the open-source community. SFD is not anti-commercial software but rather against the assertion that commercial software is always a better choice.
- Adoption fof open source for national development country experience
- Workshop on installation of linux distribution
- Exhibition of open source software projects
- Public awareness on impact of open source technology on ghana’s growth
- Harnessing open source (especially social media, mobile solutions, e-learning etc) to achieve organisational objectives
Ghana-India Kofi Annan Centre of Excellence in ICT
Time & Date
September 21st, 2013 , 9:00am
Tel: +233 (0) 208128851, 0208254044, 03026795425
How To Participate
Register to reserve your free software Here